Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday's Last Look



Wow! Thanksgiving Day is over. Leftovers are packed away. Children have trailed off to bed. And at a few minutes after midnight I'm the last of the holdouts, still awake. Tomorrow, on Black Friday, I will venture out to go Christmas shopping with my daughter.




So how was your Thursday? Football heaven? Not here. After all two little girls aren't all that crazy about football. What's that you say? What did they do?


Well, first they played dress-up with Nanna's old work wardrobe. We won't discuss how many times Nanna's top was wound around the little one. Nope, won't even go there.


Had a lot of Gummi Bears with Poppy. That seems to be his number one bribe of choice. They considered watching a movie, but couldn't seem to settle down long enough to do that.


Then after dinner we hit upon an entirely new mode of entertainment. I found some gourds in my "workroom" that had been waiting for me to decide what I was going to do with them. We hauled out the paints and brushes. Borrow some of Poppy's discarded t-shirts for paint smocks and settled in for a contest to see who could come up with the most colorful gourd.


I'll let you be the judge. We're just on the first phase now. Later today, we'll finish up the gourd decorating. And no telling what else. I believe there was also some discussion about decorating Nanna's house for Christmas.
If you're on the road, I'll wish for safe traveling for you. And good weather. If you're out shopping, enjoy the season.
As I listened to my little ones saying Grace at dinner, it was "Thank you for letting us be together and be a family." Out of the mouths of babes...
Anny
Ah, my goodness. Check out what Amarinda has done to the Saga. I believe she's done it again. Go to www.amarindajones.blogspot.com And then stop by Kelly's blog where she'll have another new author at www.kkirch.blogspot.com And then? Blessings on your day!
PS: Thank you to all of you for your lovely Birthday thoughts. I appreciated them!

4 comments:

  1. Good looking kids Anny...they must take after their Grandma. I'm glad you have a good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day, Anny:) May you not get crushed by the mob while shopping and find what you want in a speedy manner:)

    As for the gourds... toss up between the blue and purple one or the red and green one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anny,

    I am thrilled that you had such a great Thanksgiving/Birthday. My nephew Mitchell had a great time with having his birthday on Thanksgiving as well. He set up his car race track and crashed them for hours.

    I think the green bottomed gourd with the dimond shaped red squares is really cool. It gets my vote.

    I pray that your family stays safe while preparing for the holiday...whether it be shopping, decorating, or many other things...be happy, thankful, and loving, as we all know you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anny, you're grandkids are absolutely adrorable! I'm so glad you had a great holiday (and birthday.)

    ReplyDelete