Sunday, November 25, 2007

Reflections



Well, I'm one tired puppy. Though I admit that I'm probably not as tired as my daughter and son and grandchildren after a marathon nine hour trip home. Two major accidents in the midst of busy holiday traffic kept them on the road long after they should have been home.

It was a lovely weekend. Busy, busy, busy, but lovely. My neighbor Jane may never be the same and ditto for her two tiny poodles. The two "T"'s as I call them entertained my granddaughters for several hours while Jane supervised. That freed up my daughter and I long enough to do the Christmas shopping. Thank God for wonderful giving neighbors.

We finished the gourds. It was an interesting experience. If you've never painted with a four year old, you have no idea what you're missing. I just have two words. Paper towels. Damp ones, preferably. And sponge brushes work well, too. We had a lot of fun with it.

The temperatures have sharply plummeted now so my feet are cold and the rest of me is chilly. The furnace doesn't seem to be up to keeping it warm around the patio door. I could do with a cup of hot chocolate. Maybe some marshmallows. I love a cup of hot cocoa on a chilly night or bitter winter day.

The dog and cat are exhausted. There's nothing like an active four year old to wear out an entire platoon of animals. The dog was so tired she didn't make it all the way onto her bed before she collapsed. It gives a whole new meaning to the expression dog tired.

My house is disgustingly clean as my daughter and granddaughters ran around cleaning and straightening and vacuuming everything before they left. I salute my daughter. She had enough stuff to fill a small semi and she fit it all into a compact car. I haven't a clue how she did it, but she was determined to take it all home. Determination goes a looooong way.

I suppose since the house is clean that I will have no excuse for not buckling down and writing today. Peace, quiet, and time. What more could a writer need, right? So today I'll get back to the book and try to finish it before the end of the month. Let's see now... that's not many days is it?

I hope that all of you had lovely weekends and enjoyed time with friends and family. For those of you who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, don't worry. All will be back to normal on Monday. Blessings on your day. One month to Christmas!

Anny

http://www.kkirch.blogspot.com/
http://www.amarindajones.blogspot.com/

Check 'em out!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time. Great looking gourds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, an exhausted Woobs is adorable! Go. Relax. Write. Drink cocoa while you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I liked the red and white gourd with the green base. Now, my vote goes to the green, purple, and orange one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the pic of the dog baby. How sweet.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete