Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sleeping late

I used to be able to sleep late. Once upon a time. I think I might have been sixteen or seventeen. Then I joined the real world. I reset my clock. People demanded that I get up! Get up! And now for whatever reason I can't sleep late!

I suppose that forty years of rising early will do that to your biological clock. Or maybe I just don't realize that eight o'clock is late compared to five o'clock. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that.

Anyway, it's very annoying when you have a dark rainy morning--perfect weather for sleeping--and you're wide awake. What are you supposed to do on a rainy morning? Now especially as we're heading into summer when most of the days of bright and sunny.

Of course there's no guarantee that I'll get to sleep anyway. The telemarketers are out in full force at eight o'clock! How are you on going to sleep after a phone call? I'm not so good. Usually my little heart is pitty-patting from adrenaline. Ugh. Who are these people? And what do they want?

It used to be my kids in the middle of the night. Those days are long gone (Thank you, God!) so that generally I don't receive emergency calls from them. Now life is serene and flowing... and if you believe that, I will sell you a bridge from England to Australia. Come to think of it, that might not be such a bad idea... think of it--a bridge over the ocean with little mini-cities dotted along the length with hotels and gas stations and restaurants. Maybe it could have some of those underwater buildings so people could watch the sea life...

Ahem! Sorry about that. I sidetrack easily. Ah, well. I suppose it's time to go to bed so I can fit in my eight hours since I can't sleep late. Until tomorrow...

anny
Amarinda
Kelly
Rita
Jae
Barbara
OhGetAGrip

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate that built in clock that gets me up when I want to sleep. Sleep??? What's that? I can never seem to turn my brain off.

    Ack! Telemarketers. I looove it when they call in the middle of dinner. Makes me crazy.

    BTW...that idea about the super long hwy over the ocean with little sidewalk cafes...shops...I love that idea. Let's build one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, how I know that annoying built in clock. 4am on the knocker I am up every day regardless.

    Not sure I would care for the super bridge. I like Australia being on it's own. We're unique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign up for the national Do Not Call list. It effectively eliminates 98% of all telemarketers.

    My internal clock would let me sleep...it's Mouse's that won't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger, I thought my grandma was nuts because she awoke at 5 am, but was in bed by 9pm. I always thought retired people were lucky, because they could sleep in. Ha ha...now I know better! If I sleep past 7:30, my 'alone' time is shortened considerably!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I no longer have the kids waking me up at all hours, but unfortunately the critters have taken over their role. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids are old enough to fend for themselves for the first hour or two of morning. But I can't stay in bed that long. Got stuff alway need doing.

    I see a book in your future, Anny. A world of water and bridges instead of landmass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree, Kelly. Doesn't that sound like something Anny would write???

    ReplyDelete