Saturday, September 6, 2008

Don't wanna talk about it!

What is it with guys? "I don't want to talk about it!" That's how they face life.

"George, I'm pregnant."
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Well, we'll need to talk sometime before the baby comes..."
"What baby?"

"Harry, aren't you going to work today?"
"NO!"
"Why not?"
"I was fired."
"Why were you fired?"
"I don't want to talk about it."

"Why are you getting home so late, Bob?"
"I had to walk."
"Why did you have to walk? What's wrong with the car?"
"The tow truck took it away."
"What happened?"
"I don't want to talk about it."

"So what did the doctor say, honey?"
"I don't want to talk about it."

I think it's a fundamental difference between female and male. Women talk. And talk. And talk. And maybe talk some more, but we don't bottle that stuff up. When things get stressful, we e-mail or call a female friend and say, "I need to talk!" Those four words explain everything.

So what happens with men? They come home, have a beer, watch some television, and go to bed. And that solves all their problems. Don't quite understand it, but it works for them, because women do all the worrying while the guy is snoozing his troubles away. I say--make 'em talk!

anny

3 comments:

  1. Oh I don't know. I talk selectively. But sleep isn't the answer either, at least I do know that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic:) And you're right about women doing the worrying. In our genes I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo hear you on this. I don't want to talk about it, is fairly common around here. Think this is why women tend to live longer, we know how to "let it out".

    ReplyDelete