Saturday, November 29, 2008

Online again...

I've spent a week off-line--not only internet/e-mail, but also cell phone. My folks live in a small town (whistle and you've passed it) deep in the country in Texas. My phone had no "bars". None. They don't have internet access so that also meant that I had no access to my e-mail. Hmmm. It was interesting. I only suffered minor withdrawal pains.

Instead of burying my nose in my computer, I napped, read, chatted, played my psaltery and even (shock of shocks) mulled over some story ideas. It was down time. For two weeks I've been on vacation with minimal writing (blogs only) and a lot of unwinding time.

Dare I admit that I'm anxious to get back to the writing? Tomorrow evening we'll finally reach home. After dragging all our vacation loot and dirty clothes up to our apartment, I'll no doubt be tempted to settle in front of the computer and get back to the stories, but I'm going to restrain myself and wait until Monday morning. I swear.

In the meantime, we'll be on the road today to Bull's Gap, TN. I'm not sure how the day will go, but we'll drive carefully and pray for a safe trip. On this 29th day of November, let us be thankful for safety on the road!

anny

4 comments:

  1. My DH and I take such a trip every year. We go "Up North" (near the Canadian border) and veg out. It used to be that I couldn't get Internet access, but now the resort where we stay put in WiFi. I have to admit it's nice to stay caught up on the email (no more 1000 messages waiting for me when I get home) but I miss the "away from it all" feeling.

    Travel safely -- I'm off to shop, having avoided the event on Black Friday. If anything is left in the store, I'll snatch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel safely, Anny. Be careful on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, try and restrain yourself until Monday

    ReplyDelete