Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hard Day's Work

There are days when nothing gets done. Nothing. And yet at the end of the day, it feels like I've run a marathon. I wonder why that is?

Isn't it strange how you can feel more tired from doing nothing than on those days you seem to be going, going, going? I also find that certain activities just plain wear me out. What would those be, you say?

Eating. I get up in the morning, take my meds, drink three glasses of water, have some hot herbal tea, check my e-mail and eat breakfast. By the time I finish eating, I'm ready for a nap. Same thing goes for lunch and dinner. Why is eating so exhausting? It must be all that work I do consuming those calories in cream of wheat and yogurt and toast.

Reading. I wonder how many calories you burn while reading a book? Every three or four chapters I have to rest my eyes. After my twenty-to-thirty minute "rest", then I can go back to reading the book. Of course, if it's an exciting action adventure, I might only make it through two chapters before resting.

Watching someone else work. I have no idea why it should be so, but watching someone else work is almost as exhausting as doing the work yourself. My daughter occasionally gets into one of these cleaning fits and by the time she finishes, I'm exhausted. She just seems to be energized. Why would that be?

What are the non-work things that exhaust you?

anny

2 comments:

  1. When I'm not feeling well..everything, reading my emails, blogging, trying to write while braindead. And if I have to make any type of decision no matter how small, I'm ready to cry:) What a baby, huh.
    I hope you are feeling better and better, Ms. Anny.
    I loved the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Driving long distances completely wipes me out. Conferences do that, too. Neither require much physical activity, but I'm gonna be snoozing soundly that night if I'm doing either one of those things.

    ReplyDelete