Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sixty-Two

Sixty-two years ago, I was born in Arizona. Wow, that went fast. I feel I should have something profound to say--and perhaps that's it. Life goes by fast.

Don't spend time wishing it away. We spend our time in so many ways and then look up and years have disappeared. What happened?

I was born at the tail-end of the forties, married in the late sixties at the height of the Vietnam War, graduated from college finally in the late eighties (at forty!) and suddenly find myself an official old lady in the twenty-first century.

In high school, I read 1984 for extra credit--back when 1984 seemed a very long time off. If I had ever put my mind to imagining the world we live in, I would never have envisioned the way computers and technology have changed our lives.

What have I learned?

Life whizzes by. Wear the good underwear instead of saving it for a special day. Use the fancy dishes in the middle of the week. Climb that mountain while you can. Dance on the beach under the moonlight. Stay up to watch the dawn. Sing with your kids while you watch the sunset. Go out in the country at night where you can see the glory of the Milky Way. Hold hands with your spouse. Pray daily.

anny

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Anny:) ((((((HUGZ)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Anny. Happy Birthday to you. :)

    ((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture! Happy birthday - sorry my trip to Baltimore was such a crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time! Glad you had a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Wear the good underwear instead of saving it for a special day. Use the fancy dishes in the middle of the week."

    Yep - exactly....

    ReplyDelete