Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Cannot Brain

For several months now, I've suffered from the brain fuzzies. Short attention span, difficulty concentrating, cognitive problems... And now, now the truth comes out. Two of the medications I'm taking can cause the brain fuzzies.

They're not exactly meds I can just stop taking.

I suppose what irritates me is the side-effects aren't a recent thing. Apparently, the pharmaceutical companies who make them have known about this for quite some time. But this side-effect isn't listed on the material you're given when you receive a prescription. 

So...if I seem inattentive, there you have it. Medication fuzzies.

anny

6 comments:

  1. That's what my migraine meds do to me but I can't not take them because the alternative is... well, you don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Mine are blood pressure and cholesterol meds so I surely do understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is just being an old fart. I wear a backward name tag on my Pajamas so that when I wake up and look in the mirror I will remember who the heck I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few meds that have bad side effects too. Mine cause dizziness. If it gets too bad make sure you see your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. Thyroid meds can also do that. In addition, a few years ago I had a mini-stroke and lost a LOT of words.

    I know they're in there somewhere. But now I resort to the Synonym Finder by Rodale to locate them sometimes! :-)

    ReplyDelete