Thursday, February 21, 2013

Outlook--Partly Cloudy

Am I the only one who is really tired of the constant upgrades and changes to the various e-mail programs, social media, and browsers? Really? Can't we just stick with one thing instead of changing more often than we swap our underwear?

This week Yahoo rolled out a new set-up and Hotmail shifted over to Outlook--whether users wanted it, or not. How is that servicing the public? Oh, I forgot. That's not important.

I suspect all the changes have more to do with the government's ability to track our usage and perhaps monitor our e-mail. In the past, I've kept important messages in e-mail files, but now I'm thinking about deleting the entire mess and going back to "hard copy". So much for the paperless future.

How do you manage your e-mail? Delete or file? And what's your take on all the changes?

anny

6 comments:

  1. "I suspect all the changes have more to do with the government's ability to track our usage and perhaps monitor our e-mail"

    I agree. I don't think people realize how non-innocent all these applications are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we are monitored far more that most people are aware.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh, yes it does. I really don't like the new screen!

      Delete
  3. The new Yahoo is terrible! As is Comcast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel claustrophobic, Tessie. Not enough blank spaces!

      Delete