Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday

Three day weekends don't eliminate Monday...they just delay it. Monday is all about the weekend being over. It's the beginning of that stretch of time when 'stuff' (work, school, appointments) is supposed to be scheduled.

Here in the USA our three day Memorial Day weekend is over and now...we have to face the week. So. It's a rainy, gray Tuesday in Baltimore so dark I need the indoor lights to see what I'm doing. I slept late and feel draggy. Sitting here in front of my computer, yawning and contemplating the things I must accomplish today.

Do you suppose it's better when the sun is shining?

Someone in the upstairs apartment is banging on the floor over my head. I can't decide whether they're assembling a piece of furniture or replacing carpet. No--now it sounds like they're in the apartment next door which would make more sense as that apartment is empty, I think. Hmmmm. Maybe we're going to have new neighbors.

Well, I've noodled around long enough. Time to begin the day. Breakfast, writing, errands, and the other normal stuff of a normal week. Only four days left until the weekend!

anny


4 comments:

  1. Rainy here too, although the sun is just now coming out. And we have a kid who drums nonstop behind us. Drives us insane! I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is dark and stormy here also and I've been dragging all day! And Tuesdays that feel like Mondays confuse me for the entire week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dragging, too. So is it Tuesday? Or the holiday?

      Delete