Saturday, July 13, 2013

Booby Trap

So I went off last week for my annual mammogram. The tech smushed and tugged and pulled and then did it all some more. My left side is significantly bigger than the right so she even spent extra time on it. By the time I came home I was about smushed out.

Today, my doc called and said there was an anomaly on the RIGHT side. Hmmmm. Once I receive the letter from the radiology place I'm to make an appointment to go back for more smushing and tugging. Plus an ultrasound.

Now I know the chances are good this 'anomaly' is nothing serious, but you know? It's still a scary deal. Women face this everyday, all over the world. It doesn't really seem fair to me that we have to have the babies AND deal with the fear of breast cancer. Really.

So. If you can spare a few positive thoughts or prayers over the next week or two, I'd appreciate it. Blessings on your weekend.

anny

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that happen. You do start to think about all the could be's and would be's and the what will I do and what if? Nothing better than hearing from a bunch of strangers when you're lying their half naked and they're all looking at your boobs that it's benign. I fully epect that will be the case for you. And men - quite a few - get breast cancer and in many ways it's sad we don't recognize that as we do for women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father-in-law had breast cancer. So yes, you're absolutely correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots of good thoughts your way. Hope it turns out to be nothing at all. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending prayers, white light and cyber hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes this is probably nothing but this is the kind of phone call that scares us to death. Been there. And it was nothing My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes my mother had one of those phone calls when she was 40. It all ended well and she lived to 85.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete