Friday, July 26, 2013

Time

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Hellen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein." ~ H. Jackson Brown
So...tell me again how you don't have enough time to...
Pray or meditate
Walk in the woods
Call your parents or siblings or write to a long-lost friend
Make that doctor's appointment or mammogram
Take your kids to the zoo...or read a book to them
Write, read, make the bed, garden, go back to school, do your nails, try a new hobby, chat with that lonely neighbor, fold your laundry, cook a special meal for the spouse, travel, attend church, visit the library...
The truth is we always find time to do those things that are important to us, whether they are trivial or not. It's a matter of prioritizing and choice. 
Always. 
So what do the things you find important say about you?
anny 
 

4 comments:

  1. Ah... time. I don't like to waste it, but even wasting time isn't really wasting time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frigging exactly. Get out there. Live life. Time will never slow down to wait for you to catch up to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember, as if it were yesterday, sitting on the bathroom counter watching my Mom put on makeup for a fancy dinner party. I told her I couldn't wait until I was old enough to do the same. She became teary and did her best to explain how time passes so much more quickly when you become older.
    I remember, as if it were yesterday, telling my daughter the same thing.
    Last night my grand daughter told me she couldn't wait to start school this fall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly. And now Tessie made me cry.
    My mom used to work nights as a nurse and so my father had to care for me. He'd sit me on the bathroom sink after my bath and blow dry my hair. He'd always tell me don't grow up too fast. Never wish your life away.
    I feel like I've been saying that all my adult life to my children.

    ReplyDelete