Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Civil Discourse


Facebook. Twitter. Messenger. Civil discourse isn't so civil anymore. Here's how I imagine it going with several friends of mine. I freely apologize for using their names...

Anny: Did you see that peach pie recipe on FB? They used raisins. Ew! Raisins!

Amarinda: What's wrong with raisins? Maybe some people like raisins.

Jane: That's right! Raisins are just dried grapes. They're fruit!

Anny: But raisins...in peach pie. Gross. That's worse that apples and cranberries.

Cindy: I happen to like apples and cranberries and nuts.

Amarinda: Nuts? What kind of nuts?

Cindy: Uh, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts...

Amarinda: Huh. I'd rather eat mangoes. And pineapples.

Jane: Bananas are good.

Cindy: Apples. Apples and cheese.

Anny: Colby cheese.

Jane: Mozzarella. Maybe cheddar.

Amarinda: Why would you ruin good fruit with cheese? Don't rodents eat cheese?

Anny: Not if you keep it in the fridge. Besides, a good cat will take care of a rodent.

Jane: I'm allergic. I like dogs.

Cindy: Me, too. Dogs. BIG dogs.

Jane: Little dogs.

Amarinda: Chooks. Chooks are the best.

Jane: Well, I have to go feed the pony.

Amarinda: I have to go to work.

Cindy: I have to go write.

Anny: I have to go bake bread.

Helen: Frogs. Green frogs. And green grapes...

3 comments: